Get GREAT Skin with the Regimen
Ever since I started making my own skin care products and jumped into the natural realm, my skin care routine has been easy and manageable. I am going to share my routine with you and I hope it helps you.
Wash your face only twice per day, morning and evening. Excess washing can cause irritation. You want to be as kind to your skin as possible.
Use only your bare hands to wash. A washcloth is irritating. Consider the act of washing as simply prepping your skin for medication, nothing more.
Pat dry. Do not rub dry. Rubbing the skin is irritating, and excess irritation can lead to more breakouts. Gently pat dry.
It's important to get good products, preferably natural, that work and to give your skin time to respond.
Products you need: a good gentle cleanser, a facial scrub, toner (optional), a mask and a good moisturizer. That's all you need for great skin and drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.
THE REGIMEN - (Nightly)
In the morning, you can skip step 4
1. Splash your face with warm water or apply a warm towel to open up your pores.
2. Gently wash your face with your cleanser in a circular motion with lukewarm water for about 2 minutes.
3. Wash off cleanser and pat dry.
4. Apply toner rubbing upwards. Use as many cotton pads as you require until it comes out clean. Apply a cold cloth to your face to close your pores. (skip the cold cloth if you are going to apply a mask).
5. Apply moisturizer. In the evening, apply liberally. I use Marula Jojoba Facial Serum. It is pure oil and is scented with bergaptene-free bergamot essential oil.
Once or twice a week (depending on the condition of your skin)
After step 1, apply cleansing scrub, (about the size of a nickel) and cleanse your face in a circular motion, paying close attention to the areas around the nose and lips (these are prone to dryness). Don't be too rough with your skin when scrubbing (it's not a dirty pot) be gentle yet firm. Scrub for at least 1 minute. 2 minutes if you have dry areas you want to concentrate on. Then continue with step 2.
After step 4, apply a facial mask. Leave on for 10 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Then continue to step 5.
If you don't have a mask, egg whites, honey, milk and oatmeal mixed with water to make a paste work well. ..
Toner: Soda water, witch hazel and mineral water make great toners.
Good vegetable oil is your friend. The right oil can make a great moisturizer. Try Myra Aso Marula Oil It is moisturizing without being heavy or greasy.
Check out the ingredients in the Marula Jojoba Facial Serum. It is also light, with a great scent.
Good Luck and remember, stick with the regimen. Like everything else, it won't happen overnight, but it will happen if you give it time. Be diligent. It's your face, remember, it's the first thing people see.