Grow long, beautiful hair with coconut oil
Coconut oil is wonderful for all hair textures as a smoother, conditioner after shampoo, and for both leave-in and deep conditioning.
High in lauric acid (50%), it encourages hair growth and strength by reducing protein loss and with its strong antiviral properties, it discourages hair and scalp infections, which can impede hair growth.
Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, but will liquefy in warm temperatures.
Conditioner is super important to the health of your hair. It is a step that should not be overlooked in your hair care regimen.
Below are excellent ways you can use coconut oil as a conditioner.
As a conditioner:
Apply onto hair and scalp after shampoo.
Work it into your hair and scalp.
Rinse with lukewarm water. This will seal the hair and allow the oil to permeate the hair shaft.
As a leave-in conditioner:
Apply the coconut oil to your hair and scalp as you would a regular conditioner, but skip the rinse step. Do not rinse out.
Work it into your and scalp and style as usual.
You can use coconut oil as a deep conditioner in 2 ways:
- Warm your coconut oil by sitting the bottle or jar in warm water to liquefy.
- Apply the oil onto your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a plastic cap for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair and towel dry.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil to hair from root to tip and style as usual.
- Warm your coconut oil by sitting the bottle in warm water to liquefy.
- Apply the warm oil onto your hair and scalp.
- Cover your hair with a plastic cap and wrap with a towel and leave in hair overnight.
- In the morning, shampoo your hair and towel dry.
- Style as usual. No need to apply more oil after washing, as the overnight treatment would have conditioned your hair.
Other awesome uses for coconut oil:
- Diaper cream
- Make-up remover
- Body scrub
- Face scrub